The commitment to treat people right and do the right thing defines us at our very core.
These values are demonstrated in many ways, including through the benefits we offer.
The following is a summary of CarMax benefits. For more information, see our Benefits website.
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
Additional wealth benefits.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tobacco Cessation Assistance Program
- Weight Watchers® Program
- On-Site Health Fairs
- Expecting Mothers Program
- Online Nutrition, Wellness and Financial Resources
Paid time off.
To strike a balance between personal and work life, Associates are encouraged to take time for rest, relaxation, and personal needs. CarMax offers a variety of paid time off options, depending on status and needs, that include: Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Time, and Holidays.
Domestic partner benefits.
We care about the families of our Associates, whether they are traditional families or non-traditional. Our Domestic Partner Policy offers medical, dental, and vision coverage to domestic partners, regardless of gender, and their eligible children. Domestic partners are eligible for our Associate Discount Program, Relocation Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Retirement & financial planning.
- Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Discretionary Annual Retirement Contribution
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
Smart savings benefits.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Day Care Savings Account
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Associate Discount Policy
- CarMax Rewards – Employee Discounts
This information is a brief summary of the benefits provided to full-time Associates. Benefits and eligibility may differ by plan or position classification. Detailed information is provided in the Summary Plan Descriptions and other Plan documents. In the event of any discrepancy between this brochure and the Plan documents and/or policies, the Plan documents and/or policies will prevail.